This year, Valentine’s Day falls on a Sunday… you’ve got the whole day with which to enjoy something special! Whether you’re looking for a romantic and healthy way to celebrate as a couple, or you mark this special day as one big loving family, we’ve got you covered. Try one or more of these ideas get your heart beating a little faster this February 14th.
Celebrating family style?
- Bundle up the kids and plan an outing – a trip to the museum or an off-season trip to the zoo perhaps?
- Be active as a family and enjoy an afternoon ice skating or on the toboggan hill. Toast your love and warm chilly fingers by bringing along a thermos of hot chocolate to enjoy. Cheers!
- Try something new as a family. How about indoor climbing, visiting an indoor trampoline facility, a horseback riding lesson, or building a snow fort and enjoying a winter picnic in it?
- Bake and decorate some heart-shaped cookies and share them with those you love.
- Show your love for others by doing something special for another family, an elderly relative or neighbour, or by volunteering in your community.
Just the two of you?
- Plan a healthy meal, shop for the ingredients you’ll need, open a bottle of wine, and get cooking… together!
- No matter what the weather, dress for it and enjoy a winter hike followed by cups of hot chocolate and a shared treat.
- Love and exercise can make our hearts beat faster, so combine them for an active date with someone special. Hit the gym, hit the trails on snowshoes, go for a run, enjoy a skating date (and be sure to hold each other upright!), or keep it simple and hold hands on an extra-long walk with Fido.
- Indulge in a few spa products and spend an afternoon or evening pampering yourselves with body scrubs and lotions, facials, massages, and do-it-yourself manicures and pedicures.
- Plan an entire weekend away. Whether you like to shop, wine and dine, or prefer a weekend of winter sports and evenings cuddled up together with a glass of wine, a warm blanket and a movie, the time we have with those we love should be cherished.
Have a Happy Valentine’s Day… your way!