Stress can affect our bodies, thoughts, feelings and behavior. Being able to recognize the symptoms can help us manage them. In fact, if you are struggling or unable to manage them, it’s wise to talk to your doctor — prolonged stress can contribute to many health problems.
Recognizing the symptoms of stress is an important first step. The next step is learning to prevent and manage it. Try these 5 stress management strategies:
- Get moving! Physical activity is a proven stress buster. Go for a walk or run; tidy your home; join a gym.
- Try some relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.
- Reduce or eliminate caffeine from your diet.
- Get enough — but not too much sleep.
- Get outside. Unplug from technology and reconnect with nature instead.